Though similar to an Android smartphone, iodé is intended to protect your personal data. Hence, it includes features we recommend you know the existence and utility of:
- iodéOS : an operating system powered by LineageOS based on Android 11, and freed from trackers.
- Trust (by LineageOS) : an interface securing your iodé phone and protect your privacy.
- iodé : an interface scanning your apps in real-time and protecting your data transmissions.
- News : iodé announcements & Frequently Asked Questions.
- 2 apps stores : Aurora Store and F-Droid.
Aurora Store is a Google Play alternative where you can find details on apps’ embedded trackers, spoof your location, and more.
F-Droid is an open-source apps catalog.
- microG services: an open-source & privacy-friendly re-implementation of the Google Play Services.
One of these services allows you to choose Google’s alternative location modules. 2 modules are coupled by default: ‘Déjà vu’ & ‘Mozilla Location Service’. For more information on these modules, see “How do MicroG geolocation modules work?”.
The ‘Google Cloud Messaging’ push notification service, used by many apps & allowing them to send notifications to you, is activated by default. You can of course deactivate it anytime.